Chag Sukkot Sameach!!
There’s a chill in the air, and the smell of the etrog can be caught for miles… IT’SSUKKOT!!
The sukkah that we make represent those that the Jewish people made and lived in while they wandered in the desert for forty years.
Thankfully, we only have to dwell in our sukkot for seven days. Make the most of your time in the sukkah with these cool activities (with your USY friends, of course!):
1. One of the mitzvot of Sukkot is that we sleep in the sukkah. Stargaze on Shabbat, and then have a sleepover in the sukkah.
2. Make a candy sukkah with graham crackers, frosting, and whatever other kinds of candies you can think of.
3. Make these cool chandeliers for your sukkah (I have them in mine)-
· Lights: http://magazine.foxnews.com/at-home/turn-hula-hoop-chandelier
4. Another mitzvah of Sukkot is shaking the Lulav and Etrog. Sing the song “Shake Your Booty” by KC & the Sunshine Dance while you shake it out, but replace “booty” with “Lulav.” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1YXcD0njts). It’s been scientifically proven to make shaking the Lulav and Etrog more fun.
5. Make a Havdallah spice box from your used Etrogs:
o Create an Etrog Spice-Box
o -Poke holes in your Etrog and fill the holes with dried cloves. When the Etrog has dried/hardened, all the cloves will remain in place, and you’ll have a great new Havdallah spice set!
6. Have the Sukkot Program! Have you checked out the one found in the Holiday Program Bank!
7. Take part in Shakin’ Up Sukkot! Show everyone your love of the fall holiday by participating! Get creative with your responses. I can’t wait to see what you can come up with. #ShakinSukkot
Chag Sameach from my sukkah to yours!